This is a creamy and light fridge Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake that is guaranteed to impress. The subtle coffee flavour amplifies the chocolate so nicely, and this cake can be made in advance. Sam Linsell produced this unique cheesecake recipe for Breville using the Class Mixer available from @home.
Breville prides itself on offering food solutions to the at home chef, making food preparation more efficient and often a lot faster. This month Breville has two products to highlight which not only make life in the kitchen a little easier. For the baker, the Class Mixer is perfect with its windscreen like beater blades – you’ll never have to stop your beating to scrape down a bowl ever again. For the health enthusiast, whipping up a smoothie with theBreville Twist Blender is as easy as touching a single button.
Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake Recipe
- 200g chocolate with 70% cocoa solids
- 60ml espresso, cooled
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 200g caster sugar
- 400g cream cheese
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Additional chocolate for decoration
- Additional cream to serve (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl stirring every 30 seconds. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- Make the espresso in the Breville Cafe Venezia and allow to cool.
- Line a 22 – 23cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Grind the biscuits to a fine crumb in the Breville Kitchen Wizz Pro. Add the melted butter and briefly process.
- Press the crumb mix into the base of the lined tin and flatten out with the back of a spoon.
- Whip the cream in the Breville Class Mixer using the whisk attachment. Be careful not to whip the cream too stiffly. Scrape it into another bowl and set aside.
- Using the same bowl and whisk attachment, beat the caster sugar and cream cheese until the sugar crystals have dissolved. Add the cooled melted chocolate and espresso and mix until well combined.
- Fold the whipped cream through the chocolate cream cheese mix and empty this in the biscuit lined cake tin. Smooth out, cover and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and serve with fresh cream.
This is a sponsored post as per our standard disclaimers and disclosures.
Related: Also see our Easy Cheesecake recipe
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.