For manny’s birthday I was looking for some interesting new recipes to try to spoil the kids with. Other than cake and sweets, what pretty party food was there for them to enjoy? I stumbled across a confetti popcorn recipe on Pinterest that I tried and everyone at the party LOVED it! I also made this for the Consol Glass creative workshop and my gender reveal party and people could not stop eating!
Confetti popcorn recipe
- Microwave popcorn bag (salted / plain)
- White baking chocolate
- Hundreds and thousands
- Follow the instructions on how to make microwave popcorn on the bag.
- Keep the bag closed while you heat some baking chocolate in the microwave or melt it in a saucepan over hot water.
- Open the microwave popcorn bag and throw the popcorn into a large flat oven tray.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands.
- Mix the popcorn using a wooden spoon to make sure that the sprinkles and chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Repeat steps 2 – 5 should you want to add more colour or flavour to the popcorn.
Very important! Baking chocolate cannot be re-heated once melted, so make sure that you start of using only as much as needed per batch. 6-10 squares should do.
P.S. This confetti popcorn featured in my confetti gender reveal party post.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.