These DIY candle holders will make a great gift for mother’s day or a special someone. I demonstrated this step by step tutorial at a recent Rust-Oleum spray paint workshop and it was a hit.
What you will need?
- Wooden furniture legs
- Can of Rust-Oleum Spray paint in the color of your choice
- Rust-Oleum Spray on sealant
- Electric Drill and wooden 20mm drill-bit
- A dinner candle
- Wood filler and sanding paper (optional)
How to make the DIY candle holders?
- Using the electric drill, drill a hole using the 20mm wooden drill bit at the bottom of the leg. If you have not used a drill before, ask someone who knows how to as this part is the trickiest.
- Using some wood filler and sandpaper, neaten up the table feet from imperfections.
- Spray-paint the candle holders using the Rust-Oleum spray paint. I used some of their amazing chalk paint.
- Afterwards I sealed the furniture legs using the Rust-Oleum Spray on sealant.
- Place the candles in the holes and enjoy your new and pretty candle holders.
If this project inspires you to do more DIYs then start with my 10 Easy weekend DIY projects for beginners.
Thank you to Melanie Wessels Photographer for the images.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.