I have always wanted to make a Christmas wreath, but have just never actually gotten round to do it. This year I decided that I would have to add one to our whimsical inspired Christmas shoot, so now I get to share the floral & burlap wreath tutorial that I made with you. Note that in South Africa we know burlap as hessian if you decide to purchase some at a fabric store.
Floral and burlap wreath tutorial
What you will need to make a DIY wreath?
- A roll of Wire, side-cutter, soldering iron, pliers OR I just bought a ready made ring from a florist
- A Pair of Scissors
- Florist wire or cotton
- Flowers of your choice
- Hessian/Burlap or your fabric of choice
- Ribbon or a piece of string (used to hang the wreath)
Step by step instructions on how to create your own wreath
- Cut the hessian or fabric into strips of about 7 cm wide and 30 cm long.
- Tie these pieces as bows around the wire frame until the frame is filled up.
- Add some branches or stems of flowers to the wreath weaving them through the bows.
- Use some cotton or florist wire to secure the flowers to the wreath.
- Add a piece of ribbon to the one side to hang it from.
We would love to hear what you think of this tutorial, so leave us with a comment below!Looking for more Christmas inspiration? Why not try the Advent Calendar tutorial that we posted last week?
Images by Lauren Kim Photography
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.