Granola Bars are great for both breakfasts, packed lunches, picnics or a pick me uppers. This home made Granola Bar recipe is both easy to make and delicious and can be used as a Christmas stocking filler this year!
Granola bar recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice krispies
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried fruit
Greek Yogurt Coating
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl place the peanut butter and honey – heat in the microwave for 1 minute (or more until runny and pourable) – add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish and using the back of a large spoon press the mixture down well.
- Cover with clingwrap and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into bars.
To make the yogurt covering
- In another small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, and salt. Microwave on 15 second bursts, stirring in between each burst, until the yogurt is runny and very warm to the touch. Don’t let it start to boil or the yogurt will curdle. (approximately 30 seconds in total)
- Whisk the gelatin into the warm yogurt mixture. Whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Scrape the yogurt mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Pour the powdered sugar on top. Use a mixer or whisk until the yogurt and powdered sugar combine into a thick, but pourable, coating.
- You can either dip half of the bar into the mixture and then place on greaseproof paper or you can use a spoon and dribble the yoghurt mixture in streaks across the top.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 2 hours.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.