I’ve seen these little heart plants before and recently bought one made from a creeper. I thought I’d try my hand at making one myself and succeeded! I have also been able to keep it alive for over two weeks already! Here with my heart shaped plant DIY – the perfect gift for that special someone.
What you will need?
- Bendable wire
- Side-cutter / Sharp nose pliers
- Potting soil
- Plant that either creeps or one with long easy-to-bend branches
- Pruning shears or sharp scissors
Heart shaped plant DIY Step-by-Step instructions
- Start by bending the wire with your sharp nose pliers to form the hearts’ mid section
- Proceed to bend the rounded edges of the heart on either side and then bringing the ends together. Cut the wire with a side cutter leaving a 15-20cm ‘stem’.
- ‘Plant’ the wire heart in a planter with a little potting soil to keep it in an upright position.
- The plant that i used could be broken up into parts, so I removed a section and planted it next to the wire heart.
- Next I started weaving the branches around the wire and finally neatened the plant by cutting off all the loose branches. I then filled the container with moss.
- Lastly I placed the plastic planter with my heart plant into a nicer teracotta pot.
All done in less than an hour it makes my new Garden Bleu shelf look pretty awesome! You can try your hands at various shapes and sizes using various different plants. these beauties make for lovilee gifts!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.