I have had so many enquiries on how to make a pegboard or where to purchase on of your won, so I decided to share this DIY again. A pegboard is the perfect solution to a home office that lacks space, it is both neat and pretty and I find it very functional. I searched far and wide for some home office inspiration and finally just decided to take the leap and make a pegboard myself. This post is part of my 10 Easy DIY’s for Beginners that you can view here.
What you will need for this pegboard
- Masonite pegboard sheet from Builders Warehouse or Timbercity.
- Pieces of wood cut to size to strengthen the back of the pegboard and lift it away from the wall so that hooks can be added.
- Nails to hammer in the pieces of wood as a frame to the board.
- Masking tape.
- Paint to paint the board the desired colour. (I used left over ceiling paint)
- Peg board hooks from Importitall, I purchased this set of pegboard hooks and also made some extra hooks from wire myself.
- A drill and screws to add it to the wall.
How to make a peg board that is totally Pinterst worthy for your home office
- Cut the masonite pegboard sheet to size, some of the Builders Warehouse or Timbercity stores are able to assist.
- Make a frame from the wood and hammer it in with nails.
- Drill holes into the wall and add screws to position the board.
- Add masking tape to the wall to protect it from the paint that you will paint the board with.
- Apply two or three coats of paint to get the desired colour.
- Wait at least a day or two for the paint to dry before playing around with the pegboard hooks!
- Start decorating!
Some of the items I have displayed on my DIY pegboard include
- Lovilee’s certificates of achievement are displayed on clipboards that I created myself, but you can purchase really nice ready-made ones from Miss Milly.
- Rolls of Twine & baker’s Twine as well as washi tape from M.Studio.
- Photoblox from Photoblox.
- Trendy Scissor from NAP Living.
- Blackboard moustache from PEP stores.
- Clock & small plastic succulent pot plant from Mr.Price Home.
More pegboard inspiration
Need more inspiration? Visit my Pinterest Shelving & Storage inspiration board in this link. I pinned some really nice other pegboard ideas on it as well. Also see a black version of the pegboard that I created after this one.
The pegboard in this post is from my first home office that was basically just a small landing space, I have a very similar one in my new home office that you can vie on my Instagram account @lovilee_za.
Thank you so much to Carike Ridout Photography for the lovilee images of my DIY Pegboard!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.