This coming weekend marks the start of month 10 of this year’s Creative Challenge. This will be the second last challenge for this year and is such a fun one to participate in! Anyone young and old can participate, remember to share your ideas and images with us!
Decorating a planter can be a lot of fun and it makes for such a nice gift for someone special. Last year I made some DIY planters for the Christmas styled shoot that I styled. it was loads of fun and such an easy project to do.
What you will need?
- Ceramic / Teracotta flower pot
- White paint
- Gold paint – I used spraypaint
- A4 sheet of paper
- Pom pom ribbon
- Glue gun
- Paint the pot white
- Fold the A4 paper in half and cut out a half circle on the fold
- Open up the paper and pull it over the pot from the bottom upwards to cover the top of the pot
- Spraypaint the bottom part of the pot gold
- Plant the succulent in the pot by filling it with soil first
- Cut the pom pom ribbon to size and stick it to the top rim of the pot using the glue gun
- 15 Jan – 15 Feb: Macrame / Wool art
- 16 Feb – 15 Mar: Adult colouring
- 16 Mar – 15 Apr: Stamping / Screenprinting
- 16 Apr – 15 May: Origami / book art
- 16 May – 15 Jun: Embroidery hoop art
- 16 Jun – 15 Jul: Creative jars
- 16 Jul – 15 Aug: Snail Mail
- 16 Aug – 15 Sep: Creative Bunting
- 16 Sep – 15 Oct: Wood, nail & wool art
- 16 Oct – 15 Nov: Decorate a planter
- 16 Nov – 15 Dec: Gift wrapping
Here with inspiration for our tenth challenge – Decorateing a planter
Creative Challenge 2016
Here’s how you can get involved
1. Join the official Creative Challenge Facebook Group
Ask questions about technique, share your struggles and show off your progress
2. Follow Lovilee on Pinterest
3. Use the hashtag #EECreativeChallenge
Snap photos of your work and share on Instagram, please do tag @LovileeDsigns and use the hashtag #EECreativeChallenge so that I can also follow your creative journeys! You can also share your images on the Facebook Group.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.