This post is sponsored by Trendy Taps
I have been itching to do something in the home decor space for some time and was excited for the opportunity to do something pretty amazing recently! I am IN LOVE with the update to my, as I call it, ‘Moroccan Style’ bathroom, it does after-all have hand-made encaustic cement tiles imported from Morocco on the floor. You might remember this bathroom that I updated in collaboration with Union Tiles just over a year ago. Adding some of the retro style black taps from Trendy Taps, took this space from really awesome to PERFECT!
A tap is not just a tap – even though a taps’ most important purpose is to be functional, it can also be stylish and act as a focal point in a bathroom or kitchen. After a journey of more than three years, applying small changes to this space here and there, I can finally say that I am 1000045687454% Happy! Who knew that adding a new blackened brass range retro basin mixer and vintage-style wall-mounted bath tap could make such a transformation? These new taps complement the existing black accents in my bathroom with the black accessories and feet of the Victorian style bath, creating a coherent look. I now ooooh and aaaah over these new beauties every time I enter this space.
About Trendy Taps
Trendy Taps is an online retailer in South Africa that boasts a large (and beautiful) collection of imported luxury Kitchen and Bathroom taps as well as accessories. Their selection is truly stunning and includes Antique Copper, Blackened Brass, Brass, Brushed Silver, Silver and Gold ranges. Their taps are all ISO 9001 certified for peace of mind and they offer a 5 year replacement guarantee. (I asked them for the fine-print on the guarantee and here it is: Any problem with the tap will be a complete replacement of the unit.)
What’s in the box?
I received the Bathroom taps each individually and carefully packaged in their own boxes, complete with the Flexipipes, wall caps and plumbing fittings. When it came to the installation of the taps I phoned my plumbing contractor, who is way better at this than I am. Important to note is that one just needs to use a protective cloth or something when using tools on the taps to protect them from scratches, but the installation process was seamless. The easiest and quickest bathroom renovation to date.
Tips on how to choose the right tap for your home?
- DESIGN – The main consideration when it comes to installing taps post a renovation is to determine what type of tap you will need. The type of tap you select will be based on whether they are wall mounted or need to fit into pre-drilled tap holes, and whether you can use a mixer or require stand-alone hot and cold taps.
- FUNCTION – Decide on the functions you require. For a bath mixer you might want to add a shower hose or for a kitchen faucet a extendable front.
- STYLE – secondly you need to decide on the style of tap that you would like, retro, vintage or modern. You can either design a room around the taps or choose the taps to fit the style of a ready-installed bathroom or kitchen.
- COLOR – Gone are the days where Shiny Chrome was the ONLY option. Think brushed finishes, copper, black, brass and gold are your new options!
- ACCESSORIZE – choose accessories that match your taps or taps that match your accessories, but match them up to create a cohesive and on-trend look.
The Trendy Taps Online Store remains open for orders during this time, with free door-to-door deliveries going out after the lock-down period.
So receive a 20% discount on any online purchase, no minimum spend! (incl. Vat). Offer valid until Thursday, 30 April 2020. *Terms & Conditions apply. While stocks last. Apply the promo coupon code: STAYHOME at checkout.
Tapping through this, together!!
Shop any of the stunning taps or bathroom accessories online on the Trendy Taps online store, with free nationwide delivery (SA Only) straight to your door!
- Visit their website on www.trendytaps.co.za.
- Follow them on Instagram @trendytapsonline
- Like them on Facebook @trendytapsonline
NOTE: The beautiful taps can also be purchased via Takealot.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.