The lovilees at Magpie Photography & Anthea K Photography collaborated to bring us this lovilee styled Easter egg hunt and Sugar Cookie Recipe by Bullcakes & Cupdogs. I just liked the pastel colours that they used and aren’t those bunny cookies just WOW?!
Bullcakes and Cupdogs Sugar Cookie Recipe
Makes 25 medium or 12 large cookies | Baking temperature: 180C | Baking time: 6 – 10 minutes depending on size
- 200g Unsalted soft butter
- 200g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 400g Plain flour, plus more for dusting
- In the electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and chosen flavouring until well mixed and just becoming creamy in texture. Don’t overwork, or the cookies will spread during baking.
- Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the flour and mix in low speed until dough forms. Gather into a ball, wrap it in cling film and chill for at least one hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it briefly. Using marzipan spacers, roll it out to an even thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out the desired shapes and, using a palette knife, lay these on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Chill again for about 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on the sizes, until golden brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Wrapped in foil or cling film, they will keep well in a cool dry place for up to one month.
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 ½ cups (350g) icing sugar, sifted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, with the paddle attachment beat the egg whites, icing sugar and lemon juice together. Start on low speed and increase speed as the mixture gets smoother. If the mixture is too dry, add more egg whites.
- You need to have a soft-peak consistency for piping. For filling in spaces, add a few drops of water to make the icing more runny.
- Always keep your icing covered with cling film to prevent from drying out.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.