Are you looking for some great summer and spring recipes to wow your guests with at a summer lunch or dinner party? This Spring floral spiced butter recipe with edible flowers recipe might just be the one you have been looking for.
Butter is often just served in a tub or pretty bowl, but you can easily make it look pretty and use it as focal element on a table. This floral spiced butter is the perfect element to jazz up a cheese board, platter or create a centerpiece for your Spring table that can be eaten and admired for its beauty. This recipe is super easy to follow and make and will definitely wow your guests.
Spring Floral spiced butter recipe
- Unsalted butter at room temperature
- Beetroot Maldon Salt (Or any flaked or flavoured salt)
- Dried Chilli Flakes
- Cracked dried Coriander Seeds
- Ground Pepper Corns
- Edible Flowers or Leaves (I used baby Nasturtium leaves and marigolds – feel free to use violas, borage, chamomile, pansy, arugula – to name a few. If you are not 100% sure that they are edible it is best to purchase some at Woolworths.)
How to make the floral spiced butter
- Spread the unsalted butter on a flat surface approximately 1 cm in thickness.
- Sprinkle the salt, coriander and chili flakes on the buttery surface.
- Add your edible flowers to the mixture.
- Provide a butter knife and allow guests to spread the flavoured butter on their fresh bread or crackers.
Other possible flavours that you can play around with to flavour your flower butter include – adding garlic flakes, capers, salted olives, lemon zest, mint and much more – let your imagination run wild!
What other summer recipes do you enjoy? Why not try our 7 layer salad recipe, also a pretty option for summer entertaining.
Images and food styling by Lauren Kim Food Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.