This is a Sponsored post by NESPRAY South Africa
Potato Stamping Lockdown activity – Spending the past few weeks in Lock Down mode has really had me reminiscing about the activities my mom used to do with my sister and I to keep us busy during school holidays. My mom was a high school Afrikaans and Home Economics teacher so spent afternoons and school holidays with my sister and I teaching us all sorts of creative things.
One of the kids activities at home that we used to do was potato stamping. We could draw a shape on a potato and then she would cut it out for us and we would be amazed that an ordinary potato would turn into a stamp. I think what I will remember most about this time in social isolation is all the creative activities I have been able to do with my kids #myfavoritelockdownmoments. Some of the activities are part of their schoolwork but we have made some really awesome animal masks, dried leaf animal pictures so I wanted to try potato stamping with them. My need for sharing creative activities is after all why I started the blog! (WARNING: This ended up waaaay messier than I anticipated)
And, I don’t know if I am the only parent going through this, but my kids are CONSTANTLY hungry… So having a snack or even better a glass of NESTLÉ NESPRAY FORTIGROW milk around When they do crafts or their schoolwork here at home seems to work well. This milk powder for kids is great to have in the grocery cupboard and easy to make. I have started giving my kids a small glass before bed as well as there is no added sugar to the milk and it keeps their tummies full and if lukewarm helps them to calm down before bedtime.
What you will need to do Potato stamping?
- A fresh potato, I used mini ones as they are easier for little people to hold.
- A sharp vegetable knife – for an ADULT to use.
- A marker or khoki pen.
- Some acrylic paint in the color of your choice.
- A piece of paper – I made use of some packaging paper that I ironed so that we can use it as gift wrapping for Mother’s Day afterwards.
The Easiest way to make a Potato stamp
- Cut the potato in half using a sharp knife.
- Draw the shape that you would like to use on the one half of the potato using a marker pen. Try to keep to simple shapes as detailed ones are difficult to stamp clearly.
- Carefully cut out the shape, removing the parts from the potato that should not be part of the stamp pattern using your knife.
- Dip the potato into the paint and stamp it on your paper (and if you like they can double up on this kids activity by placing their hands in the paint to create hand prints on the paper too).
More about Nestlé NESPRAY FortiGrow Milk powder for kids
NESTLÉ NESPRAY FORTIGROW is specially made and formulated for school aged kids between 5 and 14 years old. Each glass contains brain support nutrients, Vitamins A,B and C as well as Zinc Sulphate to support immunity and high quality Proteins and Calcium that is necessary to grow big and strong. Find out more on the NESTLÉ NESPRAY FORTIGROW website or follow them on Facebook @NesprayZA.
What has been some of your favorite lockdown moments that you have had with your little ones? I know this time is hard on a lot of us but spending quality time with my kids has really brought us closer as a family.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.