At the end of last year we shared a tutorial on how to make gorgeous cement coasters. Today we share another DIY tutorial involving the use of cement, with this Mini cement heart planter DIY by Builders Warehouse. Add more love onto your table by creating the cutest little table favours, bring them to life by planting mini cactus or succulents. This tutorial might come in handy just before Valentines Day!
What you will need?
- Builder’s sand
- Latex gloves
- Heart shaped mould
- Mini cacti and succulents.
- Wear latex gloves and mix equal parts of cement and sand in a bucket. Add water in small increments and mix well. Tip: The cement should be the consistency of dough.
- Press a little cement mixture in the bottom of the mould. Place the plant in its container on top of the cement and fill the surrounding space with cement. Pressing it into the mould – be careful of the thorns!
- Tap the sides of the mould to remove bubbles in the cement. Leave to dry for at least 48 hours.
- Take the hardened cement shape out of the mould.
- You can take it a step further and add colour to your creation!
Images & Instructions by Builders Warehouse
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.