I’ve been thinking of some nice DIY projects for Valentines’ day and for uses of a piece of drift wood that has literally been ‘drifting’ around in our house. I decided to make a 7-day valentines ‘advent’ / count-down calendar. The idea is to write love letters on 7 squares of paper, fold them using the simple origami heart step-by-step instructions below and then hanging them up from something.
You can also add them to a loved ones’ lunch tin or put it on their cushion at night. The ideas are endless! Make your own Simple origami heart by following the step-by-step instructions in the images below
Now, for the calendar part you will need
- 7 folded origami hearts
- string / bakers twine (or both)
- Piece of drift wood
- Cellotape or washi tape
- Take a piece of strong and tie it to the piece of driftwood to use it for hanging purposes later
- Cut the baker’s twine in the desired lengths to add the hearts to the piece of drift wood
- Stick the hearts on the twine using washi tape or cellotape
- Tie the string to the driftwood piece
- It is now ready to by hung!
What are you planning for Valentines Day? I’d love to hear, please leave me with a comment below!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.