This post is sponsored by Lifson Products – a proudly South African manufacturer of European standard authentic down and feather duvets and pillows as well as down alternative duvets and pillows.
I am known as a serial decorator – moving things around within my home and updating rooms is something that I LOVE to do. So today I get to reveal my Winter Bedroom Refresh, with Hygge. A project that I was able to do during lockdown with the lovilees over at Lifson Products. Every year there comes a day, not a calendar specific day, just a day that I wake up and know that it is time to pull out the winter bedding and have a small bedroom change from summer to winter. There is just something magical about a good down duvet, a new duvet cover and fresh new pillows and Lifson Products have ALL of these.
My favourite addition to the room is their 100% Linen Duvet Cover set in white. This white further plays on the white-on-white scheme that I started off with at the end of last year when I did a big room revamp. We used to have neutral colour bedding in our bedroom before we had kids and then transitioned to a white and grey stripe and then to a grey, but I have come full circle and am all about white again. I think that my kids are big enough to understand the NO FEET ON THE BED policy, so I’m excited to start this new chapter. There is just something special about pure linen bedding. Whether it is the texture or natural look that I am in love with – I am not sure. All I know is that this is and has always been my first choice for our bedroom linen.
But, NEVER judge a book (or bed) by only its cover. Adding hygge to a room is all about the bigger picture and that includes the unseen details. The Lifson Products Goose Down & Feather duvet inner took the bed from an airy summery feel to a ready-for winter cosy comfort. And especially for my hubby (an early Father’s Day present)… A brand spanking new European quality Goose Down & Feather pillow to get a good night’s rest guaranteed! This standard pillow is great for people sleeping on their backs or sides and easily puffs up again after use. Both of these products are anti-allergic and comes with a 2-year guarantee. And what I love most of all is that they are both machine washable!
Lifson Products specialises in the manufacturing of down and feather duvets and pillows as well as down alternative duvets and pillows. All of their products are made using ethically sourced raw materials right here in South Africa, and they have been doing so for over 25 years!
Hygge (pronounced ‘hoo-gah’) is a Danish word that describes the idea of creating a peaceful, calm and serene space that is free of clutter. Whilst there is no direct translated English word for the term it is often referred to as ‘cosiness’ or ‘togetherness’. Some people even believe that it stems from the word ‘hug’ – it is said to help beat the winter blues.
Hygge bedrooms have been trending the past few years – especially in winter. This year is no different. So I have shared some of the decor tips that I have applied in this bedroom update.
5 Tips on how to get your bedroom winter Hygge?
- Stick to a neutral colour scheme – Make use of whites, beiges and greys avoiding bright colours that can distract from the bigger picture you are trying to create.
- Cosy bed – The bed is after all the center piece of furniture in a bedroom. Make it as cosy and as inviting as possible. A warm and cosy quality feather duvet, fluffy feather pillows, comfy bedding and some scatters is a must!
- Go soft with the lighting – Illuminate instead of lighting up. Add warm white globes to your fixtures and possibly in a lower wattage to create a dreamy atmosphere. Candles are a great decor feature that also provides ambient lighting to a bedroom.
- Add texture – Textured linen, a cosy throw, fluffy scatters as well as a statement rug all adds layers and textures to a room. Natural Linen has a lovilee texture to it that amplifies this.
- Free yourself from unnecessary clutter – Make use of furniture pieces that ‘invite’ you to rest, bedrooms already have beds, avoid cluttering it with too many additional furniture pieces or loose accessories.
Hope you love this transformation as much as I have doing it!
To find out more about LifsonPproducts or to purchase any of their Winter Hygge products you can visit the Lifson Products Online Shop, all of their products are available during lockdown. If you are in the Cape Town area, they have a Factory Outlet (Lifson Linen), situated in Woodstock, Cape Town.
Payment options on their online site include PayJustNow that I reviewed a while back. So you are able to make purchases now and enjoy them but pay them off over 3 months interest-free.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.