Say “I love You” with (pizza) roses this Valentine’s Day. This is such a fun way of “giving roses” and is sure to make someone’s day.
Pizza dough rolls recipe
Makes: 16 Roses
- 500g Flour
- 1 Packet of dry yeast
- 280ml of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Salami cut into thin pieces and then cut in half
- Grated mozzarella
- A bottle of tomato pasta sauce
- Olive Oil
- Mix the water, oil and yeast together in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Knead the pizza dough for 2 minutes.
- Place in a bowl in a warm spot with a tea towel covering it and let it rise for 30 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- Knock the dough down and let it rise for another 15 minutes. While waiting for the dough to rise. Grease a muffin tin with some olive oil. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Break off a small piece of dough and roll it into a narrow long piece that is as thin as you can get it.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough.
- Place the salami pieces along with the dough with the straight edges facing the same way.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the salami.
- Gently pick up the one side of the dough and roll the dough (and ingredients) up to form a roll.
- Place the pizza rolls in the muffin tin with the salami sticking out the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Serve with some guacamole.
Images by Lauren Kim Photography
Happy Valentines Day lovilees!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.