I have taken a liking in proteas, some of you might agree that it was about time! My friend Shahdia assisted with this lovilee Protea inspired home décor inspiration board, and we will be bringing you a Wedding protea inspired board soon! We have tried to keep the inspiration as local as possible so that you could replicate or purchase some of these products more easily.
Protea is both the botanical and English name for this South African flowering plant, sometimes also referred to as sugar bushes. The ones we are most familiar with is the smaller ‘Pink Ice’ protea, the larger ‘King’ proteas and then the variant ‘Pincushions’. – Source
- Laser cut wooden protea brooch on a canvas by Net ‘n Kameel available on Etsy.
- Cross stitch protea print on archival paper by Stitches available from Hello Pretty.
- Napkins and table runner by Skinny laMinx.
- 80% wool protea rug by Airloom.
- Pincushion runner by Wild Rhubarb.
- Pincushion pillows by Skinny laMinx.
- Disposable paper place mats in 4 different prints available from Mooi Goete.
- Protea silhouette from Pinterest.
- Assorted protea fabric from Skinny laMinx.
- Protea prints by Ink & Spindle.
Keen to try your hand at making your own proteas out of Paper? One of my favourite craft and lifestyle blogs, Lia Griffith shared a lovilee DIY paper protea tutorial over on her blog here.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.