I received a silver LG washing machine Sapience Top Loader with Smart Inverter to review on the blog. I was too ashamed to take images for you in the laundry with the state that it was in, so I decided to do a laundry room makeover.
Most people only own one or two washing machines throughout their lives. But I have to this point had FOUR! My first washing machine was a second hand front loader that I purchased from a friend for next to nothing and walked all over my flat, rattled so much that you could not hold a conversation – a machine with big personality but not much style. The second was a brand new 7kg top loader that was great to use, but I had to put it on sliders and slide it in and out from under my kitchen counter every time I wanted to use it.
The third was a front loader, just because I was tired of sliding the machine in and out from under the counter, easy to use and even had a 15 minute wash cycle for almost clean but still dirty clothes. We could not use it to its full capacity on our suspended wooden floors, so after the kitchen revamp opted for a laundry room. The fourth is this new baby, a super duper washing machine with great style and personality and best of all FUNCTIONALITY.
What you will receive in the BEEG box of your Sapience Top Loader with Smart Inverter LG washing machine (15 kg model)
- A pretty large LG top-loader washing machine – with a drum volume of 90.2 litres. The actual washing machine size is 632 x 670 x 1020 and it weighs a whopping 44.5kg.
- An easy to follow user manual.
- An outlet pipe.
- Two water inlet pipes.
- A rat cover that you can install under the machine to keep rats from nesting and eating all sorts of cables.
- A cheat sheet with some trouble shooting tips that you might want to stick somewhere you could read it easily.
- Your warrantee details.
Product specifications of the 17kg Sapience Top Loader with Smart Inverter LG washing machine
- Energy Saving with Smart Inverter Control – Smart Inverter Technology eliminates wasted operation by efficiently controlling energy use – this appliance showed a 36% energy saving compared to its conventional LG predecessors.
- Smart Motion – Smart Motion is 3 kinds of motions created by Smart Inverter for optimized washing by fabric type.
- TurboDrum™ – TurboDrum™ enables the most powerful wash and removes even the toughest dirt through strong water stream of rotating drum and pulsator in the opposite direction.
- LoDecibel™ & Less Vibration – Smart Inverter Motor minimizes noise and vibration level.
- Smart Diagnosis™ – This new LG Washing machine also boasts the same awesome feature as the LG Microwave is the use of Smart Diagnosis™ that I reviewed before. You will see the symbol for this on the digital display. If anything ever does go wrong, you simply call your service centre, active the function following some simple instructions and hold your mobile phone to the symbol. It will transmit all diagnostic info for analysing over the phone!
- Wide Diamond Glass top – The tempered glass is anti-scratch, shock-resistant and allows for wide viewing.
My review on the 15kg Sapience Top Loader with Smart Inverter LG washing machine
- This baby is really easy and intuitive to use from a function and program setting point of view.
- This LG top loader is super duper quiet and not just on the ‘quite mode setting’. You literally barely even hear it until the end tune starts playing to signal that the load is complete.
- This washing machine has an auto-restart function. This means that it will automatically restart from the place in the washing cycle before the power was accidentally turned off or after a power failure.
- The machine determines the amount of water that needs to be used in the machine by weighing each load before it starts. So little loads use less water and bigger loads more water. The smaller the load the less time it allocates to the cycle as well, making it efficient. It also saves me loads and loads of time doing 1 bundle of washing rather than 3 or 4 at a time.
- I can wash duvet inners, curtains and blankets myself without taking them to the dry cleaners.
- The clothes are much dryer coming out of the machine than previously in my front loader, the top clothes also a bit less creased.
Plus minus points
- It is really really heavy to move around so installing it was a bit of a mission but then again, the actual installation was a breeze.
- The washing machine has the option of connecting it to both a hot and a cold tap, I could not find any documentation to confirm that it only works being connected to the cold (as I only have 1) but it seems to be working perfectly fine on the settings that I have used it on.
- The machine will obviously not be able to fit under a standard counter height so will have to be used in another space in or outside the home.
- My washing line was only filled up after washing 3 loads in my previous 6kg front loader washing machine, now one full load is too much for the line – A problem that can be solved 1-2-3!
If you are interested in looking or purchasing a 15kg LG washing machine Sapience Top Loader with Smart Inverter read more about it here It is also available in a 17kg option, see more information on this model here. You can view the full list of suppliers for this Top loader washing machine on the LG website.
For more information on LG or any of its products visit
Instagram: @lg_homeappliances #LGSmartInverter / #SmartInverter
Twitter: @LGSouthAfrica #LGSmartInverter / #SmartInverter
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post according to my disclaimers and disclosures, but as always my honest opinion.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.