Whether you do date nights or are looking for Valentines day ideas – today we share some datebox printables and the full DIY. We shared a valentines coupon printable last year that ties in perfectly with this DIY, see the full article here. When my husband and I first started dating, we had a lot of living room picnics which involved movies, snacks and board games. On my birthday one year, I had a terrible day at work, but came home to the living room made up with streamers, balloons & party things. Needless to say – all my worries just melted away.
I’ve seen a couple of party in a box ideas floating around, and thought this would be such a great idea to have one waiting for my husband when he comes home from work. And thus, the idea for a date night in a box was born.
I filled our datebox with plenty of his favourite snacks, a board game and one of his favourite movies (Since we’ll be on holiday over Valentine’s, we celebrated a little earlier this year). Made up with some candles and a blanket in the middle of the living room floor, this is the perfect romantic date gift to surprise your loved one.
Best of all is that you could easily customise the datebox to suit you personally. All the printables are designed to be non-specific, so feel free to get creative. Some ideas could include items for a fondue night, a sexy Valentines night, popcorn and movies for a movie night, cheese and wine for a picnic etc. We’d love for you to share your ideas!
I’ve included a liner for your box (which can be any size you like), tags which read “For now” & “For Later” *hint hint*, an envelope pattern & love note printable and a couple of tags to decorate the outside of your box. Download all of the Free Datebox Valentines Day printables here.
You will need
- 1 x envelope printed out on A3 paper of your choice. I chose red cardboard.
- 1 x box liner printed out on A3 paper (optional, although it does go a long way in prettying up the whole package)
- 1 x envelope liner printed out on A4 paper
- 1 x love note printed out on A4 card stock
- 1 x “Now” & “Later” tags printed on A4 card stock
- 1 x box labels printed on A4 paper
- 1 x pair of scissors, or art knife & steel ruler
- Glue stick
- Decorations & ribbons of your choice
- Brown paper
- Measure out the bottom of your box & cut the box liner accordingly, using glue to paste it into the base of your box.
- Individually wrap all the different gifts in brown paper, writing a message of why you chose each specific item. Smack a “For Now” or “For Later” label on & decorate with some string or ribbons of your choice. Place the individual items inside of the box.
- Score the folding edges of the envelope and cut along the lines of both the envelope dye & envelope liner. Paste the envelope liner into the inside of the top flap of the envelope, and glue the bottom three edges of the envelope together.
- Use the guides to cut the love note printable & write a message to your valentine. Put inside of the envelope, seal the envelope & paste the envelope onto the inside lid of the box.
- Seal your box using the labels & present to your valentine on Valentine’s Day.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.