Winter is upon us and so are closed shoes in the form of boots and sneakers, if you have ever wondered how to get rid of mildew smell in clothes or shoes in your cupboard – we have a pretty scented closet freshener stars solution.
It is lovely to be able to change up our fashion and wear new items that we had forgotten about in the heat of summer. As lovely as these shoes are they can start to smell musty especially over at the coast. Let us help you combat that locker room smell in your cupboard with these easy scented cupboard scented stars.
What you will need to make these closet freshener stars?
- Air dry clay (available from most stationery or craft stores, alternatively from takealot.com)
- A rolling pin
- A knife or a star shaped cookie cutter
- Essential oil of your choice
How to make these essential oil air freshener stars
- Roll out your air dry clay and cut out some stars (or any other shape you like).
- Allow the stars to dry fully (takes 24 hours or so)
- Before strategically placing your stars amongst your shoes – add a few drops of your favourite essential oils. I would recommend lemon, lemongrass, orange or even cinnamon.
Leave these stars as an odor absorber in your cupboard and notice how the smell is no longer when using these. These little-scented stars can also be used in linen cupboards or underwear drawers.
If you liked this tutorial, you might also like these DIY car air freshners.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.