I was totally in my creative element when Builders contacted me to participate in their #DontBuyitDIYit for mother’s day gift ideas – tray making challenge. I was sent a DIY tray kit with all the supplies that I needed to complete the project, but was able to choose my own design on the tray itself.
What you will need for this DIY tray
- 460 x 305 x 18mm pine shelving
- Stencil or pattern of your choice
- Repositionable spray-on glue if you are using a stencil
- Dulux Pearlglo paint in the colours of your choice
- Sponge brush or paint brush
- Plascon Paint Effects Waterbased Glazecoat with a Matt finish
- Sponge roller and tray
- Tape measure
- Pipe cutter
- Four 15mm copper stop ends
- Four 15mm 90-degree copper elbow
- Four 15mm copper pipe (cut to 20mm)
- Four 15mm copper pipe (cut to 230mm)
- 3 x 16mm chipboard screws
- Drill with 3mm wood drill bit
- Large nail
- Pattex Liquid Steel Power Epoxy
- A set of Latex gloves
You can follow this link to the full step-by-step tutorial on the Builders website, complete with easy to follow images. Alternatively there is also a video tutorial that you can watch below.
Here with the results of my tray. I opted to make use of a geometric pattern that I downloaded from the internet. I then traced it with pencil on the tray and painted it by hand. The rose gold was vinyl that I cut. The mug is from Sugar&Vice and the bunny plate from gonk.
Wishing you all a Happy Mothers day!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.