Mothers should be celebrated each and everyday! Motherhood is a 24-hour job and so this Sunday treat your mom to a special Mothers day breakfast in bed to show her how much you care.
Mothers are the glue that holds family’s together.
They are that hug when you trip and fall.
They are the sounding board for life’s problems.
They are the person who loves you the most.
Mothers day breakfast in bed
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 5 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Streaky Bacon – cooked until crispy (keep warm in the oven)
- Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Cup of Mascarpone (available from Woolworths)
- 2 Teaspoons of Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mixed spice
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl – mix the eggs, oil, and milk together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth – leave to stand for 30 minutes. (You can make this the night before so it is all ready to go in the morning)
- Mix in the chocolate chips into the flapjack mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and add a small amount of butter.
- Pour a spoonful of mixture into the frying pan. When bubbles come to the surface use a spatula and flip the flapjack over – cook for another minute and remove from the pan.
- Repeat step 6 until you have a scrumptious pile of flapjacks.
- To make the mascarpone mixture place the mascarpone, honey and mixed spice into a bowl and beat well.
- To compile – spread some mascarpone onto a warm flapjack, add some fresh raspberries and pieces of bacon. Top it off with another flapjack and a spoonful of mascarpone and a drizzle of honey.
Why don’t you print out this free botanical inspired mother’s day voucher booklet that we featured before and add it as a gift with this yummy spoil?
Happy Mothers day lovilees!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.