January’s theme on lovilee is all about getting organised. My craft cupboard is in such a mess. There is literally ribbons, scissors, papers and more just shoved into one space. I decided to start organising this cupboard but was looking at doing it in a pretty fashion. The 2017 Creative Challenge is here and the challenge for January 2017 – Pretty storage is all about that.
Functional storage that comes together to create a pretty picture.
My home office is already under control with this pretty functional pegboard that I have created and have shared so many times before. The pegboard showcases my washi tapes neatly instead of me having to search for them in drawers.
DIY utility holders are great and can easily give a desk some character. See this post for a cute DIY on how to make one.
Other clever storage ideas include
- Make use of pretty wire baskets
- Use an old vanity or small suitcase for travel-friendly craft storage
- Jars are great for storage of ribbons and small craft items
- Make use of your Dymo label maker to add labels to storage items
- Pretty Tupperware or lunchboxes can also come in handy and are easily stackeable
- Tiered cupcake stands are excellent keepers of washi tapes
- Vanity trays are handy for beads and smaller items
- I just love making use of wooden crates and small baskets in various sizes
- Dowel sticks hooked on a wall can be handy for either washi tapes like on my pegboard or gift wrap rolls
- Lining the back of your cupboards with pretty paper or fabric can tie the whole look together
I also found this resource that shares 24 Creative craft room storage ideas
What space are you planning to neaten? Leave me with a comment below!
More about the 2017 Creative Challenge
The aim of the Creative Challenge is to inspire and meet other like-minded creative from all over the world. Each month there is a new challenge that you can participate in. You can join the challenge at any time and do all or just some of the cahallenges. Last year I posted all the challenges upfront, this year I am going to keep you in anticipation and will just be revealing one challenge at a time.
Here’s how you can get involved in the challenges
1. Join the official Creative Challenge Facebook Group
Ask questions about technique, share your struggles and show off your progress on all of the challenges.
2. Follow Lovilee on Pinterest
Although I have various boards on Pinterest I have dedicated the CREATE board to this challenge. Please let me know if you’d like to be a contributor on the board and I will add you to it so that you can start pinning!
3. Use the hashtag #Lovilee
Snap photos of your work and share on Instagram, please do tag @LovileeDsigns and use the hashtag #Lovilee so that I can also follow your creative journeys! You can also share your images on the Facebook Group.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.