I am so excited to reveal my new home office, thanks to products from Decorland! I previously shared some inspiration for the office and now finally get to share the results. Decorland offers a variety of curtain rails, blinds and wallpapers and are stocked at selected Game Stores nationwide. They sponsored the gorgeous monochrome wallpaper and custom-made wooden blind that I used for this home office design transformation.
I was trilled when I got selected to take part in the #DecorlandDIY 2015 Challenge. Three bloggers – Lovilee (Me), Nicola from Ask Ashe and Vicky from I Want That, were selected to revamp one window in their homes making use of some of the products that Decorland sells.
Home office feature wallpaper wall
My favourite part of my new home office is the monochrome wallpaper that I installed myself with assistance from friends and family. This was also the most tricky part of the make-over, but I am glad that I persisted in installing it myself. The effect it has on the room is just incredible and I could not be more thrilled!
Lessons learn’t from installing wallpaper myself
- Preparation is key. Make sure you have all you need – wallpaper cut to size with a sharp knife / scissor. Wallpaper glue from Decorland mixed in a bucket, a ladder, a person to assist, brush to apply the wallpaper glue and a card to smooth the paper once on the wall. Then you will also need an old container of sorts to put the residual glue in that comes out when you smooth it and a wet rag to wipe the marks off the wallpaper if there are any.
- Cut the paper slightly longer than needed to allow for shrinkage.
- Gently ‘pop’ the bubbles if any that the wallpaper makes with a needle and they should deflate overnight.
- Do not do this in a rush. rather do one sheet a day and make sure it is perfect.
- If you need to remove parts already dried you need to wet the paper with a damp rag and use a paint scraper.
Home office decor
I spraypainted the wall plugs black as they were eye height on the wall and it just made them features. I also added a ‘YAY’ banner flag from Zana Products to the door for some eye candy. In front of this feature wall I made use of my grand father’s old work bench. I literally just had new wood cut at Timbercity and varnished it with a satin varnish. Spot my Nescafe Dolce Gusto mini me capsule machine? What is an office without good coffee? The mugs are from the Sugar & Vice quirky cup collection. The Umbra tissue box is also from Superbalist.
Home office wall art and lighting
The white wooden custom-made blind from Decorland provided the final touches to the room and match the other blinds we have in the rest of the house. It was also super easy to install! Decorland not only provides ready-made and custom blind options but also have some stunning curtain rails, rods and various other accessories. It was complimented by a small handwritten artwork from friendy Carla. The hanging lights are also from Typo and the Ceramic deer hook from @home.
Functional storage ideas for your home office
Storage in a home office doen not just have to functional, it can alse be pretty. I created a new black pegboard for the wall opposite to the feature wallpaper one (see my previous pegboard in white here). I opted for a black to contrast the almost white walls, re-used my hooks from importitall and added a white wire hook hanger from Superbalist.
Personalising your home office space
To add a little something of me and my family I bought this little wooden house from Miss Milly, the letter ‘K’ from Typo and the mannetjies, my cake toppers from my wedding cake. I had a ‘manny’ made to match from Ladies & Gentlemen toppers a while ago to complete my family.
This is a sponsored post as per our standard disclaimers and disclosures.
All images by Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.