We did our Christmas shoot quite a while ago, two weeks after we moved into our new home. I was so excited to use our new place as backdrop to the shoot. Dominique from Hello Love Photography took the images and did so beautifully I might add. It was such a dark and gloomy day but Dominique worked her magic behind the lens.
Creative Genie was responsible for the stationary that included a poster, gift tags and name cards. I was really inspired by the colours that she used. Consol Glass sponsored their Jar in a Jars for the table (read more about them here). The cake and cookies were made by Lil’ Delights and the cake was just as good as it looks!
The lovilee Christmas tree, wreath and candle stand was the handiwork of Elsje Designs in Stellenbosch. I am a huge fan of this ladies work and it was so nice to meet her in person at the recent Kamersvol Geskenke in Pretoria. I wanted to incorporate air plants as well as succulents to the shoot to give it a true South African feel.
I thought I’d add a little DIY project – some interesting ceramic planters.
What you will need?
- Ceramic / Teracotta flower pot
- White paint
- Gold paint – I used spraypaint
- A4 sheet of paper
- Pom pom ribbon
- Glue gun
- Paint the pot white
- Fold the A4 paper in half and cut out a half circle on the fold
- Open up the paper and pull it over the pot from the bottom upwards to cover the top of the pot
- Spraypaint the bottom part of the pot gold
- Plant the succulent in the pot by filling it with soil first
- Cut the pom pom ribbon to size and stick it to the top rim of the pot using the glue gun
I also made a cute advent calendar from toilet rolls that I glued together. I then added the numbers 1-24 printed out on cardboard that I cut out in circles.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.