Today we bring you a delectable kids oat cookies recipe also known as crunchies. These delicious cookies are an absolute treat and great to share over coffee with a friend or two and can make for a nice pressie for someone special! You might even want to spoil dad with them for father’s day and add them to a jar with these lovilee printables created for us by Lieflingkind Design.
Crunchie oat cookies recipe
- 2 Cups of Oats
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Coconut
- 240g of Butter/Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Mix the flour, sugar, coconut and oats together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a small pot.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the butter while the butter is still on the heat- this will cause the butter mixture to foam.
- Pour the butter in the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased dish and cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.
For another delicious kids biscuit recipe have a look at our Marie Biscuit Squares recipe.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.