Stephan and Annika Scholtz tied the knot on their family farm, Gemsbokheuwel, in Chrissiesmeer, Mpumalanga. Photographer Garick van Staden did such an amazing job capturing their perfect day. The couple opted for a very natural palette filled with proteas. The theme – ‘vintage with a party twist’. This day was filled with DIY elements and special touches and took the couple eight months to put together.
Stephan and I met through a mutual friend. After three years of dating, Stephan organized a surprise weekend away. On route to our destination we stopped and stayed over at my parents, also the farm where grew up. Early the next morning he took me to try out my new Polaroid camera. And there under the oak trees, surrounded by mist, he started reading me a poem that he wrote himself and went down on one knee and pooped the question. I was completely shocked and almost forgot to answer as I saw the ring! The day was perfect!
Tell us more about the DIY details
There were plenty of DIY details – My mother and her friends started to do crocheting to provide us with over a 1 000 tea dollies to serve as runners for the tables. We made wooden tables from our own pine trees. The lemonade was made by my mother and my mother and I baked the wedding cake ourselves. All the siblings went to gather enough eucalyptus branches to make big enough bushes to hang from the roof.
Do you have any advice for other couples planning their wedding?
- Enjoy every moment. It is the most special time of your life and it should be fun.
- Involve your husband to be and keep your mother close. It is such a special time for your mother as well.
- All the DIY’s takes a lot of time, so start in advance and prioritize!
Other lovilees that made the day possible included
- Wedding Gown: Elizabeth Stockenstrom
- Bridesmaid dresses: Hoiden
- Decor & flower company: Andre van Staden (079 491 5003)
- Rings and Jewelry: Beaudell Designs
- Caterers: Union Caterers
- Video: Mighty Fine Productions
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.