This is literally the Easiest way to make a DIY Eucalyptus Wreath, I have made a few over the years and have shared my beautiful preserved wreaths on Instagram. This is the perfect beginner wreathing DIY and I have also presented this tutorial at workshops before – they are really fun to do. After a few requests to share the DIY I got together with Dominique from Hello Love Photography and we shot a step by step DIY for you to re-create these wreaths at home.
I make use of the wreaths as everyday decor, but you may decide to use them as a seasonal wreath or make one for Christmas or a special occasion.
What you need to make a DIY Eucalyptus wreath
- A wire frame, I prefer a double hoop one – you can try to make one yourself, I have 10 of the wire handmade ones, so DM me via Instagram if you would like to purchase one. The one I used I bought from Country Road on their sale earlier this year.
- Florist wire
- A pruning shears or florist scissors
- Eucalyptus leaves (I have also used Olive branches before, theu=y look really pretty fresh, but does not dry as pretty as the eucalyptus leaves.)
- A piece of string, ribbon or leather to use to hang your wreath with
How to make a beginner DIY Eucalyptus wreath?
- Start by separating the eucalyptus stems into long single pieces.
- Either create your own double wire hoop or make use of a ready-made one. Weave the branches through the hoop starting with the bigger branches as a base. Overlap the sections slightly until they start to look full.
- Fill in the gaps with smaller branches, and if you need to – secure the branches with some florist wire. Cut off all the excess leaves
- Hang your beautiful wreath somewhere in or outside your home.
This beautiful wreath below if almost two years old, I actually wanted to discard it and left it in the rain, after some sun it turned into a beautiful golden brown and now I love it even more than I did before. You can also string in some battery-powered fairy lights for an added touch of whimsy.
Some alternative wreathing DIYs that you might also enjoy:
- Locally foraged Christmas wreath DIY and printable
- Make a wreath using only a wire hanger
- Step by Step watercolor wreath tutorial by Caterham Design
- Floral and Burlap wreath DIY for Christmas
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.