This month we will try our hands at a DIY planter make-over. You can get creative and literally try any colour or pattern. We stuck with grey as our theme for July on the blog was #greyisthenewblack.
Gardening does not need large expanses of open ground to produce a beautiful green environment. You do not need any experience to start a garden. All you need are a couple of pots and a spot of sunshine and some dreams. Pots can age which can look beautiful but your taste can change and that is ok. You do not need to go and buy new pots – just a lick of paint can transform any pot into a beautiful centerpiece for your favourite plant.
What you will need for this DIY Planter make-over
- Planter that you would like to update
- Scrubbing brush
- Paint in any colour of your choice – we recommend a velvaglo paint. This paint lasts well outside and has a longevity that is great for all weather types.
- Paint brush
- Plant or herb of your choice
Here is how you can transform your pot
- With a large scrubbing brush, scrub the excess soil and dirt off the outside of the pot and let dry fully.
- Let your inner Picasso wild and have fun playing with colour and patterns using the paint that you selected and a paint brush. Let dry thoroughly between each layer.
- Add some stones to the bottom of the pot and then add your plant with potting soil and some mulching material on the top. Water well.
- Put in a sunny spot and enjoy your living art piece in your home.
Please do share your projects on our Facebook group or Social media, tagging #lovileecraft.
What we have done thus far this year
- Month 1 – Pretty storage
- Month 2 – Hand lettering
- Month 3 – Greenery
- Month 4 – Doodling
- Month 5 – Pom poms
- Month 6 – Soft toys
- Month 7 – Create with Clay
Here’s how you can get involved in the challenges
1. Join the official Creative Challenge Facebook Group.
Ask questions about technique, share your struggles and show off your progress on all of the challenges.
2. Follow Lovilee on Pinterest
Although I have various boards on Pinterest I have dedicated the Creative Challenge board to this challenge. Please let me know if you’d like to be a contributor on the board and I will add you to it so that you can start pinning!
3. Use the hashtag #Lovileecraft
Snap photos of your work and share on Instagram, please do tag @Lovilee_za and use the hashtag #Lovilee so that I can also follow your creative journeys! You can also share your images on the Facebook Group.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.