Donuts all all over the web at the moment, with donut parties and doughnut decorations totally on trend. This fun paper donuts garland is bound to add some whimsy and fun to any kids party or special occasion. The paper donuts are super easy to make and can also be used as gift tags. Have fun with your colour scheme and decorations (as if they were the real edible type).
What you will need to make the doughnut garland
- Cardboard (Paper is too thin and flimsy) of many colours
- A pair of scissors
- Paper glue
- A pencil
- A circle stencil, compass or a glass that you can use as a stencil
- Glitter (optional)
- Using a glass, circle stencil or compass draw circles onto the base colour cardboard.
- Cut the circles out.
- On the icing coloured board – draw a circle on the reverse side of the paper. Cut the circle out in a squiggle manner to mimic icing.
- Stick the icing onto the base circle. Cut a smaller circle out of the base coloured board and stick in the middle to replicate the donut hole.
- Stick confetti and glitter onto the icing.
- Punch holes in the top of the doughnut or peg them onto a piece of twine to make the garland. You can write on the back of the donuts as a gift tag.
If you are keen to try making your own doughnut we shared a recipe on how to make and decorate mini donuts, or you can follow our DIY donut stand tutorial to display actual donuts in a pretty way at any party.
All of the images and styling by Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.